St. Conal’s Hospital Library, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Covid Guidelines – the following must be adhered to in the library:
- On entering the library hand sanitising and masks are required.
- No wearing of hospital scrubs or uniform is permitted in the library.
- Social distancing is required at all times.
Health Library Ireland – St. Conal’s Hospital, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal.
Address: 1st Floor, Education Centre, St Conal’s Hospital, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. F92 FW6Y Tel: 074 9123729
Library Office Opening times: Monday-Friday 8.00am – 3.30pm
Evenings & Weekend Opening – 8.00 a.m. – 9.00 p.m.
The library remains open as a study room on evenings and weekends
- Please use this useful guide to the library resources available – Accessing Library Resources Guide: https://hse-ie.libguides.com/resourceguides
- Link to Llibrary Guide for Medical & Surgical Staff. This also includes a video on resources available – LibGuide for medical and surgical staff.
- Check out Covid-19 Resources: hselibrary.ie/covid-resources
Staff and authorised users are encouraged to sign up to Open Athens – providing them with online access to the most up to date e-resources and e-books available to clinical staff. Please register via – www.hselibrary.ie
Log in to your OpenAthens account at www.hselibrary.ie using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Our Book Collection
- Search Library Catalogue
- Register for Library Card
- Click and Collect Option. Users can browse Library Catalogue and request items to be prepared for collection in the library.
Physical books can be borrowed from the library. You must register as a library member via www.hselibrary.ie (library registration can be found under the services tab) or call into the library during office hours to register as a member. A max of 5 books can be borrowed at any one time for a 4 week period only. Books on loan can be renewed if they are not on hold for another Patron. You must contact the library to do this. To return books please return them directly to the library or during out of hours deposit them in the ‘Return Books Box’ in the corridor.
PC’s & Network points
PC’s and network points are available in the library and study areas for staff use.
Printing & Photocopying
Self-service printing and photocopying is available in the library at a fee. Printing and Photocopying cards can be purchased via the dispensing machine in the photocopy room – 2 euro for 25 sheets. 1 euro coins required.
English & Medical Dictionaries
Dictionaries are available in the study area for use while in the library. These are not to be removed from the library.
Borrowbox – Free app available to all HSE staff. Borrow and download a choice of Audiobooks and eBooks.
- Join your local library. You must create an Open Athens account to access the BorrowBox app.
- Install the BorrowBox app on your device (please note your Open Athens account must be activated and in use before you can access BorrowBox).
- Select your library service
- Activate with your library membership
- Borrow free ebooks & eAudiobooks
- Vacant (Librarian) Email: email@example.com
- Roisin Hunter McGlinchey, Library Assistant – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ursula Sheridan, Assistant Staff Officer, National 3PG Repository Team – Email: email@example.com