Research Request Service
About the Research Request Service
The Research Request Service is a literature searching service provided free and exclusively for employees of the Health Service Executive (HSE).
The Research Request Team is comprised of professionally qualified Librarians working as part of the wider National Health Library and Knowledge Services (NHLKS) team.
Our Commitment to you
The Research Request Service Team is committed to ensuring that the answers we provide to your requests will ;
- Contain the highest quality and most relevant evidence based information to answer your search
- Are answered in a time efficient manner
- Contain a documented search strategy. A list of resources used when compiling this search Like This (PDF link) will be sent to you along with a collection of *search results (Refworks example)
Why use the Research Request Service?
This service provides the highest quality evidence to answer questions including:
- Best Practice in the treatment of clinical conditions
- Development of Policies, Protocols and Guidelines
- Conducting of audits
- Research topics
How to use the Research Request Service
To request a Literature Search please complete:
Please include as much information as possible about your search topic to assist us in finding the most relevant information for you. The Librarian who has been assigned your search request will then contact you if they require any further information and to agree a timeframe.
If you encounter any difficulties in completing this form please contact your local HSE Library
Accessing Full Text of Articles
By applying for an Athens Password you can get the full text of many of the references sent as part of the answer to your Search Request.
However, if you still can’t access the full text of the article then contact your local library who can assist.