Our five year plan
The HSE is developing a five year strategy for the National Health Library and Knowledge Service which will:
- Support the changing needs of health and care in Ireland.
- be user centred and build upon the needs, values and preferences of users.
- Maximise the use of the professional expertise of library staff and professional librarians.
- Be informed by the latest evidence and research.
- It will fully support the Healthy Ireland and Evidence Informed Healthcare agenda in Irish healthcare; and align with existing plans including:
- Healthy Ireland
- HSE Corporate Plan
- Health Services People Strategy 2016 -2018
- HSE Framework for improving Quality in our Health Services 2015
- National strategies including: Future Health – A strategic framework for reform of the Health Service 2012-2015; Healthy Ireland 2013-2025; eHealth Strategy for Ireland.
- Provides a strategic direction and vision for the future of health libraries and librarians.
A co-design approach is being used, to ensure that all key stakeholders have shared ownership and commitment to the resulting strategy. This includes current and future users of the library and knowledge service, library staff, an international panel of experts and a strategic advisory group.
NHLKS Strategy Launched 20/04/2018
The new strategy ‘Turning knowledge into action: enabling care, improving health 2018 – 2023‘ was launched by HSE Director General Tony O’ Brien on Friday April 20th in the Edward Worth Library, Dr Steevens Hospital.