- This event has passed.
UHL – Pubmed Advanced Search
February 25 @ 11:00 am - 1:15 pm
In this two hours training incorporating hands-on exercises, you will learn to:
- Identify key search terms using a PICO question
- Navigate PubMed’s home page.
- Apply PubMed’s Filters and Advance Search Features
- Search the PubMed MeSH Database to find the correct indexing terms.
- Use Boolean operators (AND, OR and NOT) to combine search terms.
- Overview of Pubmed ‘Filters’ feature
- Combine previous search queries using the Advanced Search History feature.
- Conduct a Pubmed search using MeSH, Boolean Operators, Filters, and the Advance Search History
- Conduct a PubMed search using the Clinical Queries feature
Register for the training : https://ul.libcal.com/event/3359327
Make sure to have an Athens account to access the library electronic resources. You can register for an Athens account here : http://www.hselibrary.ie/
Where ? 1st floor Clinical Education and Research Centre, ULH – Medical Library
The trainer is an experienced information specialist. Her extensive experience lies in conducting literature searches to support research and clinical queries.
How to get there : The library is located on the first floor of the CERC building in front of visitor car park 3. From main reception go towards Outpatients, pass the Deli on your right and turn left towards physiotherapy. Then turn right through a glass corridor to arrive in the CERC building. The library is on the first floor.